By Dino Esposito
Reconsider how you plan, layout, and construct net functions - with professional assistance from net improvement luminary Dino Esposito. no matter if giving legacy websites a much-needed tune-up - or architecting wealthy net functions from the floor up - you are going to study pragmatic techniques to AJAX improvement so that you can hire at the present time.
Read or Download Microsoft ASP.NET and AJAX: Architecting Web Applications PDF
Similar microsoft books
Grasp Microsoft's company Intelligence instruments
Building built-in company Intelligence recommendations with SQL Server 2008 R2 & workplace 2010 explains tips to take complete benefit of Microsoft's collaborative enterprise intelligence (BI) instruments. various strong, versatile applied sciences are lined, together with SQL Server research providers (SSAS), Excel, Excel companies, PowerPivot, SQL Server Integration prone (SSIS), Server Reporting providers (SSRS), SharePoint Server 2010, PerformancePoint prone, and grasp facts companies. This useful advisor makes a speciality of deveoloping end-to-end BI options that foster educated choice making.
• Create a multidimensional shop for aggregating enterprise info with SSAS
• Maximize the research functions of Excel and Excel Services
• mix information from varied assets and attach info for research with PowerPivot
• flow information into the process utilizing SSIS, InfoPath, Streamsight, and SharePoint 2010 exterior Lists
• construct and submit studies with SSRS
• combine facts from disparate purposes, utilizing SharePoint 2010 BI features
• Create scorecards and dashboards with PerformancePoint Services
• Summarize huge volumes of knowledge in charts and graphs
• Use the SSRS map function for advanced visualizations of spatial data
• discover styles and relationships in information utilizing the SSAS information mining engine
• deal with grasp facts administration with grasp info Services
• post the parts of your BI resolution and practice administrative initiatives
Totally up-to-date for home windows Server 2012 R2! Designed to aid company directors advance real-world, job-role-specific abilities - this education advisor specializes in deploying and coping with center infrastructure providers in home windows Server 2012 R2. construct hands-on services via a chain of classes, routines, and prompt practices - and support maximize your functionality at the activity.
Absolutely up-to-date! arrange for Microsoft examination 70-413 - and support exhibit your real-world mastery designing, and imposing home windows Server infrastructure in an company atmosphere. Designed for knowledgeable IT pros able to enhance their prestige, examination Ref makes a speciality of the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen wanted for fulfillment on the MCSE point.
- Mastering microsoft office 2003 for business professionals
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Inside Out Volume 1: Configuration, Storage, & Essentials
- Statistik für Sozial- und Wirtschaftswissenschaftler: Arbeitsbuch für SPSS und Microsoft Excel
- Textverarbeitung mit Microsoft WORD
- Fixing PowerPoint annoyances: how to fix the most annoying things about your favorite presentation program
- Microsoft Excel 2013: Illustrated Brief
Extra info for Microsoft ASP.NET and AJAX: Architecting Web Applications
So what’s the point? Performance, though, is not only made of raw numbers. Where a user and a user interface are concerned, the concept of performance morphs into the concept of perceived performance. A user who can keep on working with a page will feel much better than one who cannot. Therefore, data requests are made in the background and performed asynchronously. The user never knows the data was requested, and the user interface never “freezes” while waiting for new data. Most commonly, smaller portions of the page are independently updated, further providing the feeling of (increasing) perceived performance.
The Data-for-Data Model For too many years, the old Web model survived because of compatibility and reach. To accommodate businesses, Web sites had to be as easy as possible to reach for any potential customer. From a technology perspective, the AJAX revolution was ready to start back in 1999 when XMLHttpRequest and an updatable DOM were designed and implemented. It took a few more years instead. This happened because for quite some time only high-end browsers (also known as rich, up-level browsers) provided support for both XMLHttpRequest and an updatable DOM.
Unfortunately, the example addresses only the feature level. It says nothing about the rest of the page and the rest of the application. AJAX is a paradigm shift. And a paradigm shift always has a dramatic impact because it requires that people change their habits and embrace new and largely unknown practices. Refactoring is a key word in AJAX. info Chapter 1 Under the Umbrella of AJAX 17 What should you refactor in your application? The whole application? Or only a bunch of individual pages? Or should you simply consider optimizing just one critical feature or two?