By Freddie R. Lamm, James E. Ayars, Francis S. Nakayama
Microirrigation has develop into the quickest turning out to be phase of the irrigation world wide and has the capability to extend the standard of foodstuff provide via enhanced water fertilizer potency. This booklet is intended to replace the textual content "Trickle Irrigation, layout, Operation and Management". this article deals the most up-tp-date realizing of the administration standards had to receive greatest water and fertilization potency. * offers an in depth rationalization of method layout, operation, and administration particular to varied sorts of MI platforms* Analyzes right use of irrigation know-how and its impression to extend potency* presents an realizing to the elemental technological know-how had to understand operation and administration* Over one hundred fifty figures of designs and charts of structures together with, floor drip, subsurface drip, spray/microsprinkler, and extra
Read Online or Download Microirrigation for Crop Production: Design, Operation, and Management PDF
Similar water quality & treatment books
Now in its twentieth version, this article provides major advancements of technique and enlarged its scope to incorporate innovations appropriate for exam of many varieties of samples encountered within the evaluation and keep an eye on of water caliber and water pollutants.
This e-book charts the background of the water catchments and water offer for town of Melbourne, which has many particular elements which are a serious a part of the heritage of Melbourne, Victoria and Australia. a lot of the advance of the water offer approach used to be many a long time prior to its time and helped buffer town of Melbourne from significant ailments, droughts and water shortages.
Water is key to our planet’s lifestyles, and conserving our water assets is a prerequisite for development a sustainable destiny. on account that water use is inextricably associated with strength use, notwithstanding, we are facing major demanding situations. Water performs an important function in lots of, if no longer so much, production amenities.
- Sediments Contamination and Sustainable Remediation
- Environmental Aspects of Textile Dyeing
- Ecological causal assessment
- Water Reclamation Technologies for Safe Managed Aquifer Recharge
- Water for Life: Making It Happen
- Wastewater treatment : advanced processes and technologies
Extra resources for Microirrigation for Crop Production: Design, Operation, and Management
922059. 19 pp. Ayars, J. , C. J. Phene, R. A. Schoneman, B. Meso, F. Dale, and J. Penland. 1995. Impact of bed location in the operation of subsurface drip irrigation systems. In: Microirrigation for a Changing World. Proc. Fifth Int’l. Microirrigation Cong. F. R. ), St. Joseph, Michigan. ASAE. pp. 110-115. Ayars, J. , C. J. Phene, R. B. Hutmacher, K. R. Davis, R. A. Schoneman, S. S. Vail, and R. M. Mead. 1999. Subsurface drip irrigation of row crops: A review of 15 years of research at the Water Management Research Laboratory.
3. Bubbler Irrigation In bubbler irrigation, water is applied to the soil surface in a small stream or fountain from an opening with a point-source discharge rate greater than surface or subsurface microirrigation of 12 L/h, but usually less than 250 L/h. Because the emitter discharge rate normally exceeds the infiltration rate of the soil, a small basin is required to contain the distribution of water (Fig. 12). The use of bubbler application is extensive in landscape irrigation systems, but is use in agriculture is currently limited.
In the 1991 ICID survey (Bucks, 1995), nearly all the countries indicated that microirrigation systems used in vegetable and field crops and in greenhouses would be more expensive than the same systems used on tree crops. In Japan, system costs for flowers and vegetables were as high as $16,000/ha. However, many of the countries indicated that an average installation cost for microirrigation systems was $2,000 to $4,000/ha. Estimates of operation and maintenance costs ranged from $100 to $800/ha-year.