By Louise Andersen, Bjorn Moller, Finn Stepputat
Read or Download Fragile States and Insecure People?: Violence, Security, and Statehood in the Twenty-First Century (Governance, Security and Development) PDF
Best security books
Securing digital environments for VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft hypervisors
Virtualization alterations the taking part in box in terms of defense. There are new assault vectors, new operational styles and complexity, and alterations in IT structure and deployment existence cycles. What's extra, the applied sciences, top practices, and techniques used for securing actual environments don't offer enough safeguard for digital environments. This ebook comprises step by step configurations for the protection controls that include the 3 top hypervisor--VMware vSphere and ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V on home windows Server 2008, and Citrix XenServer.
* contains procedure for securely enforcing community regulations and integrating digital networks into the present actual infrastructure
* Discusses vSphere and Hyper-V local digital switches in addition to the Cisco Nexus 1000v and Open vSwitch switches
* bargains powerful practices for securing digital machines with no growing extra operational overhead for directors
* comprises tools for integrating virtualization into current workflows and developing new regulations and techniques for swap and configuration administration in order that virtualization may help make those serious operations strategies extra effective
This must-have source bargains information and methods for bettering catastrophe restoration and company continuity, security-specific scripts, and examples of the way digital computer Infrastructure merits security.
This quantity addresses a variety of concerns relating to meals terrorism, nutrition safety and security in a entire and updated survey. rising matters in nutrients Chain safeguard correct to all international locations and stakeholders are summarized, together with correct technical details when it comes to many of the strands.
- Transactions on data hiding and multimedia security. VII
- Transactions on Data Hiding and Multimedia Security V
- Future Challenges in Security and Privacy for Academia and Industry: 26th IFIP TC 11 International Information Security Conference, SEC 2011, Lucerne, Switzerland, June 7-9, 2011. Proceedings
- Security Assessment in Vehicular Networks
- Security by Other Means: Foreign Assistance, Global Poverty, and American Leadership
Additional info for Fragile States and Insecure People?: Violence, Security, and Statehood in the Twenty-First Century (Governance, Security and Development)
1998). Degrees of Statehood. Review of International Studies, 24 (2): 143–57. ——— (2002). The Challenge to the State in a Globalized World. Development and Change, 33 (5): 775–95. Collier, Paul, V L Elliot, Havard Hegre, Anke Hoeffler, Marta Reynal-Querol, and Nicholas Sambanis (2003). Breaking the Conflict Trap. World Bank, Policy Research Report, Washington: Oxford University Press. Cooper, Neil (2002). State Collapse As Business: The Role of Conflict Trade and the Emerging Control Agenda.
OECD/DAC (2005a). Principles for Good Donorship in Fragile States. Document no. DCD(2005)8/REV2. Paris: Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. ——— (2005b). Chairs Summary: Senior Level Forum on Development Effectiveness in Fragile States. Document no. DAC/CHAIR(2005)3. Paris: Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. Ottaway, Marina (2003). Promoting Democracy after Conflict: The Difficult Choices. International Studies Perspectives, 4 (4): 314–22. Ottaway, Marina and Stefan Mair (2004).
This normative blinder may be preventing international actors from understanding and supporting the informal systems that provide the people living in failed states with a modicum of security and predictability. Clearly a better and more thorough understanding of the local context is needed, if the international community is to succeed in its efforts to address state failure. More work is needed—both conceptually and empirically—to bridge the aspirations of external actors with the realities on the ground.