Download Family Law (Key Cases) by Helen Conway PDF

By Helen Conway

Key circumstances is the fundamental sequence for someone learning legislations, together with a degree, LLB, ILEX and post-graduate conversion classes. figuring out and memorising prime circumstances totally is an important a part of the examine of legislations - the transparent structure, type and factors of Key instances will make sure you accomplish that. Key circumstances offers the easiest and best method so that you can memorise and soak up the basic situations had to cross your tests. Key beneficial properties: * All crucial and best situations defined * straight forward structure and elegance * circumstances damaged down into key elements through use of a transparent image procedure extra top of the range revision fabric is supplied at the interactive site: www.unlockingthelaw.co.uk

Show description

Read Online or Download Family Law (Key Cases) PDF

Similar family relationships books

Adolescent Pregnancy: Policy and Prevention Services

Univ. of South Carolina university of Social paintings, Columbia. textual content offers guidance for constructing youngster being pregnant prevention courses and sensible purposes for powerful social paintings intervention. additionally addresses such teenager difficulties as alcohol, drug use, early intercourse and being pregnant, and the desires of kids of young people.

The Transcending Divorce Journal: Exploring the Ten Essential Touchstones

An aide for the demanding emotional method that follows a divorce, this spouse magazine to Transcending Divorce explores the ten an important touchstones for locating wish and therapeutic the mourning center, together with dispelling misconceptions approximately divorce, looking reconciliation, and appreciating the transformation.

Cutting Loose: Why Women Who End Their Marriages Do So Well

One out of each glossy marriages leads to divorce, and seventy five percentage of these divorces are initiated through other halves. writer Ashton Applewhite is this type of girls, having sued for divorce after enduring an unfulfilling ten-year marriage. slicing unfastened is a superbly attractive e-book for ladies who are looking to go away their marriage yet worry the implications.

Coping with your Grown Children

Dealing with Your Grown young ones is the single publication to analyze-and lay out particular coping ideas for dealing with-the difficulties brand new mom and dad face with their grownup offspring reminiscent of: • failure of the kid to actually "grow up" or in achieving complete power • unemptied nests • relocating again domestic after damaged marriages • turning your place right into a "daycare heart" on your grandchildren • substance abuse, cult involvement, hassle with the legislations • replacement existence or homosexuality • actual or psychiatric difficulties • or perhaps you simply imagine there is a challenge!

Extra resources for Family Law (Key Cases)

Example text

5 million. The effect was that the husband got his needs and all the surplus. The wife appealed to the House of Lords. (1) There is no presumption of equal division of assets as a starting point. (2) However, the parties should be treated with equality. No distinction should be made in terms of the value of contributions between a home-making role and a bread-winning role. (3) The approach should be to weigh in the balance all the s 25 criteria, then use ‘the cross-check of equality’ to ensure that neither spouse was discriminated against by reason of Page 19 their gender or the role they took in the marriage.

A man moved in with her, then moved out when the husband ceased the maintenance. It was impossible to draw up an exhaustive definition of cohabitation, but the following factors are relevant: Page 37 • The parties were living together in the same household and the living together involved a sharing of daily tasks and duties. • There was stability and permanence in the relationship. • The financial affairs of the couple were indicative of their relationship. • Their sexual relationship was admitted and ongoing.

The husband was given leave to appeal out of time. There was a fundamental flaw in the judge’s approach, because he had made the seemingly elementary mistake of confusing present capital with a right to financial benefits on retirement, only 25 per cent of which maximum could be taken in capital terms, the other 75 per cent being taken as an annuity stream. He had simply failed to compare like with like. The prospect of the husband, at 41 years of age, receiving either capital or income from the pension fund was deferred, if not distant, and there was a fundamental anxiety that there had been an injustice in this case.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.54 of 5 – based on 15 votes