By United Nations
This revised version of the gathering, which supersedes the final one issued in 1995, positive aspects major alterations and includes over 260 crucial common and nearby tools and texts bearing on refugees and different individuals of outrage to UNHCR. The 2007 variation takes account of the inter-relationship among, at the one hand, foreign refugee legislations and, at the different, human rights, humanitarian, felony and different our bodies of legislation. the gathering covers a much broader thematic quarter, together with statelessness, the internally displaced and the asylum-migration debate in addition to concerns resembling torture, discrimination, detention and the security of ladies and youngsters.
Read or Download Collection of International Instruments and Legal texts Concerning Refugees and Others of Concern to UNHCR (Set of Four Volumes) PDF
Best government books
Essentially the most hotly-contested debates in modern democracy revolves round problems with political presence, and no matter if the reasonable illustration of deprived teams calls for their presence in elected assemblies. illustration as presently understood derives its legitimacy from a politics of principles, which considers responsibility when it comes to declared guidelines and courses, and makes it an issue of relative indifference who articulates political personal tastes or ideals.
Those 4 volumes offer available, authoritative historical past information regarding governments, political concerns and citizen politics in 198 areas, together with each self sufficient country of the realm and several other territories less than the jurisdiction of sovereign international locations.
A brand new advent to the ecu Union which makes use of the lens of comparative politics. This method is helping scholars comprehend the ecu via comparisons with household politics and hyperlinks with broader debates in political technology. The textual content is supported through a number of examples, and chapters contain briefings, truth documents and controversy containers which spotlight vital info and debatable concerns in ecu politics to widen and deepen pupil figuring out.
The gestation interval of this assortment has been long even via educational stan dards. a few of our long-suffering individuals ready their unique drafts for a workshop held in Nairobi in 1967, and even though they've got all up-dated their contributions they're nonetheless basically reporting on examine performed within the overdue Nineteen Sixties.
- The Land Question in South Africa: The Challenge of Transformation and Redistribution
- Domestic Policy and Ideology: Presidents and the American State, 1964-1987
- Democracy in America and Two Essays on America
- The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam
- Government Innovation Policy: Design, Implementation, Evaluation
Additional info for Collection of International Instruments and Legal texts Concerning Refugees and Others of Concern to UNHCR (Set of Four Volumes)
Article 14 Artistic rights and industrial property In respect of the protection of industrial property, such as inventions, designs or models, trade marks, trade names, and of rights in literary, artistic and scientific works, a refugee shall be accorded in the country in which he has his habitual residence the same protection as is accorded to nationals of that country. In the territory of any other Contracting States, he shall be accorded the same protection as is accorded in that territory to nationals of the country in which he has his habitual residence.
21. The administration of the Office of the High Commissioner shall be subject to the Financial Regulations of the United Nations and to the financial rules promulgated thereunder by the Secretary-General. 22. Transactions relating to the High Commissioner's funds shall be subject to audit by the United Nations Board of Auditors, provided that the Board may accept audited accounts from the agencies to which funds have been allocated. Administrative arrangements for the custody of such funds and their allocation shall be agreed between the High Commissioner and the Secretary-General in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the United Nations and rules promulgated thereunder by the Secretary-General.
The Contracting States shall not impose penalties, on account of their illegal entry or presence, on refugees who, coming directly from a territory where their life or freedom was threatened in the sense of Article 1, enter or are present in their territory without authorization, provided they present themselves without delay to the authorities and show good cause for their illegal entry or presence. 2. The Contracting States shall not apply to the movements of such refugees restrictions other than those which are necessary and such restrictions shall only be applied until their status in the country is regularized or they obtain admission into another country.