By Bill Jelen
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">Using Excel 2010, it's attainable to create breathtaking charts, graphs, and different facts visualizations - and converse even the main advanced info extra successfully than ever prior to. In Charts and Graphs, one of many world's prime Excel specialists exhibit precisely how you can utilize Excel 2010's extraordinary visible positive aspects. invoice Jelen ("MrExcel") explains precisely whilst and the way to exploit every one form of Excel chart, then walks via developing tremendous visuals and customizing them with issues, shades, and results. Jelen exhibits tips to craft charts that light up traits, alterations, and relationships; tips to create inventory research charts; find out how to use Excel's versatile PivotCharts; or even how you can current info on maps with Microsoft MapPoint. you can find find out how to utilize Excel 2010's new Sparklines and different in-cell visualizations; the right way to contain extra photographs and shapes with SmartArt; find out how to export charts to be used outdoor of Excel; and the way to generate dynamic, personalized charts immediately with Excel VBA. There's even an entire bankruptcy on assessing the reality of charts created in Excel - and spotting whilst someone's attempting to mislead you! This publication is a part of the recent MrExcel Library sequence.
<P style="MARGIN: 0px">
* every thing Excel clients want to know to speak visually - from development research to inventory charting, geographical mapping to Excel 2010's new In-Cell information Bars and Sparklines * From simple via modern thoughts - together with the automated iteration of customized charts with VBA * a part of the brand-new MrExcel Library sequence, edited by means of Excel legend invoice Jelen
Read Online or Download Charts and Graphs: Microsoft Excel 2010 (MrExcel Library) PDF
Best microsoft books
Grasp Microsoft's company Intelligence instruments
Building built-in company Intelligence ideas with SQL Server 2008 R2 & place of work 2010 explains tips to take complete benefit of Microsoft's collaborative company intelligence (BI) instruments. quite a few strong, versatile applied sciences are lined, together with SQL Server research prone (SSAS), Excel, Excel providers, PowerPivot, SQL Server Integration prone (SSIS), Server Reporting companies (SSRS), SharePoint Server 2010, PerformancePoint prone, and grasp information prone. This useful consultant specializes in deveoloping end-to-end BI strategies that foster trained selection making.
• Create a multidimensional shop for aggregating enterprise information with SSAS
• Maximize the research functions of Excel and Excel Services
• mix info from varied assets and attach information for research with PowerPivot
• movement info into the process utilizing SSIS, InfoPath, Streamsight, and SharePoint 2010 exterior Lists
• construct and post reviews with SSRS
• combine facts from disparate functions, utilizing SharePoint 2010 BI features
• Create scorecards and dashboards with PerformancePoint Services
• Summarize huge volumes of knowledge in charts and graphs
• Use the SSRS map function for complicated visualizations of spatial data
• discover styles and relationships in facts utilizing the SSAS facts mining engine
• deal with grasp info administration with grasp facts Services
• post the elements of your BI answer and practice administrative initiatives
Absolutely up-to-date for home windows Server 2012 R2! Designed to aid firm directors increase real-world, job-role-specific abilities - this education advisor specializes in deploying and coping with middle infrastructure providers in home windows Server 2012 R2. construct hands-on services via a sequence of classes, routines, and instructed practices - and support maximize your functionality at the task.
Totally up to date! arrange for Microsoft examination 70-413 - and support show your real-world mastery designing, and imposing home windows Server infrastructure in an firm surroundings. Designed for skilled IT pros able to develop their prestige, examination Ref specializes in the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen wanted for achievement on the MCSE point.
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 - das Entwicklerbuch : [Grundlagen, Techniken, Profi-Know-how ; berücksichtigt VS 2008 SP1]
- Programming Windows Identity Foundation
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Deploying Cloud-Based Solutions: Learn Ways to Increase Your Organization's ROI Using Cloud Technology (It Professional)
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 – Das Handbuch
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 PerformancePoint Services Unleashed
- PowerPoint 2007 just the steps for dummies
Additional info for Charts and Graphs: Microsoft Excel 2010 (MrExcel Library)
However, in this case, you want to outline the bars. 4. From the Format tab, select Shape Outline, Black. Select Shape Outline, Weight, 1 point. All your columns are now white with black outline. 5. Click the Friday column in the chart. The first click on the series selects the whole TIP series. A second click selects just one data point. If all the columns have handles, click Friday again. If you accidentally click outside the series, you might inadvertently deselect the series. Click back on the series to re-select it.
2. Select cells A1:D13 and create a stacked column chart. Initially, Excel stacks prior-year sales on top of the other sales, and you have a chart that is not remotely close to the expected outcome. 3. Click the top bar to select the third series. Select Design, Change Chart Type, Line Chart. An important distinction here is that the first two series are plotted as stacked charts. The third series is plotted as a regular line, not as a stacked line. 4. Use the Format tab to format the third series as a dotted line.
The McKinsey & Company group used a couple of simple techniques to always get the point across: ■ To help the reader interpret a chart, include the message in the title. ” 104 Chapter 3 Creating Charts That Show Trends ■ If the chart is talking about one particular data point, draw that column in a contrasting color. For example, all the columns might be white, but the Q3 bar could be black. This draws the reader’s eye to the bar that you are trying to emphasize. If you are presenting data on screen, use red for negative periods and blue or green for positive periods.