By Cliff Atkinson
Free up the fantastic tale buried on your presentation—and overlook dull, bullet-point-riddled slides endlessly! Guided through communications professional Cliff Atkinson, you’ll stroll you thru an cutting edge, three-step method for expanding the impression of your presentation. notice tips to mix vintage storytelling concepts with the facility of visible media to create a wealthy, attractive event along with your viewers. totally up-to-date for PowerPoint 2010, and that includes compelling presentation examples from lecture room to boardroom, this publication might help rework your presentations—and your online business influence!
Read or Download Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft® PowerPoint® to Create Presentations that Inform, Motivate, and Inspire PDF
Similar microsoft books
Grasp Microsoft's company Intelligence instruments
Building built-in enterprise Intelligence suggestions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & place of work 2010 explains how you can take complete good thing about Microsoft's collaborative company intelligence (BI) instruments. numerous strong, versatile applied sciences are lined, together with SQL Server research prone (SSAS), Excel, Excel providers, PowerPivot, SQL Server Integration companies (SSIS), Server Reporting providers (SSRS), SharePoint Server 2010, PerformancePoint providers, and grasp info companies. This useful advisor makes a speciality of deveoloping end-to-end BI ideas that foster proficient selection making.
• Create a multidimensional shop for aggregating company info with SSAS
• Maximize the research features of Excel and Excel Services
• mix facts from varied resources and fasten information for research with PowerPivot
• circulate information into the method utilizing SSIS, InfoPath, Streamsight, and SharePoint 2010 exterior Lists
• construct and put up reviews with SSRS
• combine information from disparate purposes, utilizing SharePoint 2010 BI features
• Create scorecards and dashboards with PerformancePoint Services
• Summarize huge volumes of knowledge in charts and graphs
• Use the SSRS map function for complicated visualizations of spatial data
• discover styles and relationships in facts utilizing the SSAS information mining engine
• deal with grasp information administration with grasp facts Services
• post the elements of your BI answer and practice administrative projects
Absolutely up to date for home windows Server 2012 R2! Designed to assist firm directors improve real-world, job-role-specific abilities - this education consultant makes a speciality of deploying and handling middle infrastructure prone in home windows Server 2012 R2. construct hands-on services via a sequence of classes, workouts, and recommended practices - and support maximize your functionality at the task.
Absolutely up to date! organize for Microsoft examination 70-413 - and support show your real-world mastery designing, and enforcing home windows Server infrastructure in an firm setting. Designed for skilled IT pros able to improve their prestige, examination Ref makes a speciality of the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen wanted for achievement on the MCSE point.
- Microsoft Office Outlook Plain Simple
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Development Cookbook
- Excel 2007: The L Line, The Express Line to Learning
- Managing Projects With Microsoft(r) Project 2000: For Windows
- Exploring: Microsoft Excel 2013, Comprehensive
- MCSA/MCSE (Exam 70-292) Study Guide. Managing and maintaining a Windows server 2003 Environment for an MCSA Certified on Windows 2000 Study Guide & DVD Training System
Extra info for Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft® PowerPoint® to Create Presentations that Inform, Motivate, and Inspire
Nformat on s presented n b te s zed segments, w th one dea per s de. There s c ear gu dance to he p the v ewer bu d a coherent structure. S de ayouts and backgrounds ca attent on to the most mportant s des f rst. FIGURE 2-9 S de Sorter v ew shows a presentat on that s broken up nto d gest b e chunks for eas er hand ng by work ng memory. Chapter 2 29 30 Chapter 2 Rea gn ng Our PowerPo n Approach w h he Research In the Slide Sorter view of a BBP presentation, your eye immediately goes to the most important slides because you use layouts and backgrounds to cue your audience to where they are.
The simplicity of this slide belies the sophisticated impact it has as it effectively guides the attention of working memory. It is crystal clear where working memory should focus first—on the headline at the top of the slide.
Chapter 2 37 38 Chapter 2 Rea gn ng Our PowerPo n Approach w h he Research The Old Way Addresses Only One Channel If you choose not to address both the visual and verbal channels, you see from the Notes Page view of a conventional slide shown in Figure 2-15 that you load up the slide area at the top with all of the information you want to communicate both visually and verbally. Because half of the available real estate available for information in Notes Page view is not used—the off-screen text box below is empty—the slide area becomes the single place to hold both spoken words and projected images.