By Matthew Hester, Sarah Dutkiewicz
Learn to automate the pinnacle server working approach, home windows Server 2008 R2
Windows PowerShell 2.0 helps you to automate approximately any job for coping with home windows Server, going from dozens of clicks to a unmarried command, and repeated projects to computerized projects. utilizing reveal pictures and important workouts, this ebook walks you thru the various advantages of automating home windows Server with PowerShell 2.0, akin to taking into account scalable, versatile, and swift deployments and adjustments; expanding fee effectiveness; supplying a well timed go back on IT funding; decreasing exertions headcount; growing safe computing environments; and developing trustworthy company infrastructures. moreover, real-world examples offer bolstered studying, aimed toward making sure that you simply paintings as successfully and successfully as attainable via automating either uncomplicated and complicated administrative initiatives with Powershell 2.0. * Explains tips to automate either basic and complicated initiatives in home windows Server 2008 R2 with Powershell 2.0* Addresses how home windows Server 2008 R2 comes with greater than 550 cmdlets, permitting you to automate approximately whatever* bargains a number of real-world examples, end-of-chapter routines, and beneficial reveal pictures to enhance your studying process
The energy is on your palms! begin operating smarter, no longer more durable, through automating home windows Server 2008 R2 initiatives with Powershell 2.0.
Read Online or Download Automating Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Windows PowerShell 2.0 PDF
Best microsoft books
Grasp Microsoft's enterprise Intelligence instruments
Building built-in enterprise Intelligence suggestions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & place of work 2010 explains how you can take complete good thing about Microsoft's collaborative company intelligence (BI) instruments. various robust, versatile applied sciences are coated, together with SQL Server research providers (SSAS), Excel, Excel companies, PowerPivot, SQL Server Integration providers (SSIS), Server Reporting providers (SSRS), SharePoint Server 2010, PerformancePoint prone, and grasp facts companies. This sensible consultant specializes in deveoloping end-to-end BI strategies that foster trained determination making.
• Create a multidimensional shop for aggregating enterprise info with SSAS
• Maximize the research functions of Excel and Excel Services
• mix facts from diversified assets and attach facts for research with PowerPivot
• stream info into the procedure utilizing SSIS, InfoPath, Streamsight, and SharePoint 2010 exterior Lists
• construct and submit experiences with SSRS
• combine facts from disparate purposes, utilizing SharePoint 2010 BI features
• Create scorecards and dashboards with PerformancePoint Services
• Summarize huge volumes of information in charts and graphs
• Use the SSRS map function for advanced visualizations of spatial data
• discover styles and relationships in info utilizing the SSAS information mining engine
• deal with grasp facts administration with grasp information Services
• put up the parts of your BI resolution and practice administrative initiatives
Totally up-to-date for home windows Server 2012 R2! Designed to assist firm directors boost real-world, job-role-specific abilities - this education consultant specializes in deploying and handling middle infrastructure companies in home windows Server 2012 R2. construct hands-on services via a sequence of classes, workouts, and advised practices - and support maximize your functionality at the activity.
Absolutely up to date! organize for Microsoft examination 70-413 - and support display your real-world mastery designing, and enforcing home windows Server infrastructure in an firm surroundings. Designed for skilled IT pros able to increase their prestige, examination Ref specializes in the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen wanted for fulfillment on the MCSE point.
- Using Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Predictive Analytics with Microsoft Azure Machine Learning: Build and Deploy Actionable Solutions in Minutes
- Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2009 Business Intelligence for Information Workers
- Grundkurs Microsoft Dynamics AX : Die Business-Lösung von Microsoft für mittelstandische Unternehmen: Axapta Grundlagen und neue Funktionen in Version 4.0
- Designing Forms for Sharepoint and Infopath: Using Infopath Designer 2010
Additional resources for Automating Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Windows PowerShell 2.0
0 or higher driver Hard disk 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) 20 GB available disk space (64-bit) A DVD or other optical storage device is optional but useful for many tasks. For most everyday tasks, you’ll also need a mouse or other pointing device, a keyboard, audio playback capabilities, and internet access. In addition, certain Windows 7 features require additional hardware, such as a television tuner card (for viewing and recording television in Media Center). Chapter 2 INSIDE OUT 23 24 Chapter 2 Installing and Configuring Windows 7 INSIDE OUT Find the hardware bottlenecks Chapter 2 Defining an acceptable level of performance is strictly a matter of personal preference.
60 Upgrading from Another Windows 7 Edition. . . . . 50 Installing and Updating Drivers. . . . . . . . . . . 52 S Tweaking and Tuning Your Windows Installation. . . . 69 Windows users never have to deal with the Windows setup program. If you buy a new computer with Windows 7 already installed and set up an effective backup routine, you might be able to use it forever without having to do anything more than minor maintenance or, in the worst case, a system recovery.
By filtering the timeline to a specific day or week, you can identify specific events that might provide important clues to the cause of a problem. Figure 1-12 Reliability Monitor provides a convenient timeline to critical events and changes to your system configuration. Finally, there’s the Resource Monitor, which debuted in Windows Vista but has been significantly enhanced for Windows 7. The amount of technical detail available here—covering CPU load, memory usage (shown in Figure 1-13), disk activity, and network performance— can be overwhelming, at least initially.